Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
The information contained on this page refers to consumers, unless stated otherwise. If you are buying as a business, please refer to our full Terms and Conditions. Our full Terms and Conditions take precedent if any conflict arises with the information displayed on this page.
Our lights are hand made to order and lead times may vary. Lead times shown on product pages are for guidance only, but aim to reflect an accurate longest lead time expectation. Please contact us if your order is urgent, as we may be able to reduce the lead time.
- Please refer to the lead time on the specific product page. Lead times given are the lead time for processing of the order, not delivery.
- All lead times quoted for a specific order are given based on the current stock level at the time of quoting. Until an order is placed and payment received, the lead time may change.
- Antique restoration work carries a variable lead time depending on the workload that we have at the time and the complexity of the work involved. You will be informed of the current lead time when we send an estimate for the work.
- Bespoke/Custom made products carry a variable lead time, you will be informed of the lead time during the design process, once we have confirmed the design.
- If an order is delayed beyond the lead time given at time of order we will advise you as soon as reasonably possible.
- If you are a business:
It is your responsibility to supply your client with your own lead time, after checking with us the current lead time for the product. Any lead time we provide is based on current stock levels and may change until the order is received and paid for. The lead time given will be when the order will be ready to ship to you.
Our UK orders are shipped by courier and you will receive a text message and/or email when your order is booked out for delivery.
On the day of delivery, you will receive a text and/or email with a one-hour time slot for the delivery and with options to amend delivery details if not convenient.
General Delivery Information
At the time of order you will receive an expected lead time. If delivery is delayed by an event outside our control we will inform you of this and of steps being taken to minimise delay.
Because of the risk that delivery could be delayed, or that Goods could be damaged in transit, you agree not to schedule or commit to any 3rd party products or services (such as hiring electricians) until after the Goods have arrived and you have checked they are complete and undamaged. We will not be liable for any 3rd party costs (including cancellation or call-out fees) which result from Goods not arriving on time or in working order.
If delivery is attempted and failed, and you do not re-arrange delivery, we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage and further delivery. If we cannot contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection, we reserve the right to terminate the Contract.
Unless otherwise agreed, you are responsible for obtaining (at your own cost) any import licences or consents required in relation to the goods and for any customs or excise fees, duties or charges.
Items can be collected from our Ross On Wye premises with prior notice during our opening times as displayed on our website. www.fritzfryer.co.uk
- After you enter into the Contract we will contact you with an estimated delivery date (lead-time).
- If delivery is delayed by an event outside our control we will inform you of this and of steps being taken to minimise delay.
- If delivery is attempted and failed, and you do not re-arrange delivery, we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage and further delivery. If we cannot contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection, we reserve the right to terminate the Contract.
- Because of the risk that delivery could be delayed, or that Goods could be damaged in transit, you agree not to schedule or commit to any 3rd party products or services (such as hiring electricians) until after the Goods have arrived and you have checked they are complete and undamaged. We will not be liable for any 3rd party costs (including cancellation or call-out fees) which result from Goods not arriving on time or in working order.
- Title will pass to the customer upon completion of payment.
- Unless otherwise agreed, you are responsible for obtaining (at your own cost) any import licences or consents required in relation to the goods and for any customs or excise fees, duties or charges.
- If you are a consumer:
The Goods will be delivered to your chosen address and become your responsibility from the time they are delivered.
Items can be collected from our Ross On Wye premises with prior notice during our opening times as displayed on our website. www.fritzfryer.co.uk. If we terminate the Contract due to failed delivery as above, we may keep a portion of the amount paid to cover our costs.
- If you are a business:
Orders placed by Retailers will be shipped to your retail address. We do not drop ship without prior written agreement.
From the time of delivery, the goods shall be at your risk and you shall be solely responsible for their custody and maintenance as if you were the owner.
You are responsible for inspecting the goods and making sure they match your original order.
Goods purchased online or via telephone may be returned for a refund within 14 days from delivery (with the exception of non-standard, bespoke or custom items, definition below). If you order Bespoke or Custom Items, or you order as a Business, you may not cancel unless goods are faulty (see below).
To return goods to us, please write or email including your:
- order details (order or invoice no.)
- phone number
- email address
If you cancel once the goods have been dispatched or delivered, you must return them to us at Fritz Fryer Lighting, Unit 3, Alton Business Park, Alton Road, Ross-On-Wye, HR9 5BP, within 14 days of advising us of your cancellation.
Fritz Fryer will pay for the cost of return, or arrange for the item to be collected, if the Goods are faulty or not as described, or if there is an error in the pricing or description of the Goods, or if delivery is seriously delayed (unless this is your fault), or you have a legal right. In all other circumstances (including where you change your mind), the cost of returning the goods must be paid by you.
We will refund the price you paid for the Goods (and delivery costs where applicable) by the method you used for payment. We may make reasonable deductions from the price to compensate us: any damage to the Goods or loss of value caused by your handling them, to meet our collection or return delivery costs and to compensate us for any services provided in connection with the Goods (including original shipping costs if your order was shipped to you free of charge).
Refunds will be paid within 14 days of the Goods being returned.
How to Return Items
Any items being returned to us must be returned in the same condition as they were sent. They must not have been installed or used.
We strongly recommend using the original packaging, to ensure the goods arrive back to us safely.
Fritz Fryer Lighting
Alton Business Park
The items returned must be well packed. Return postage is at your cost (unless goods being returned are faulty or as detailed above) and we strongly recommend you obtain proof of postage as we are responsible for your parcel only once it has been received by us. Any loss or breakages will be your responsibility and will result in the guarantee being void.
We cannot send out replacement products until faulty goods have been returned, received and tested. If you wish to receive replacement products more urgently, you can place a new order and receive a refund for the returned items once they are received and checked by us.
Any products modified at the request of the buyer and bespoke items cannot be refunded.
If you purchase as a business, you do not have the right to change your mind and return the Goods. Goods can only be returned to us if we agree to cancel your order or in the event of a fault or defect in the manufacturing or quality of the Goods, you can return the Goods to us and we shall repair or replace them free of charge (in accordance with the terms of our Warranty below). If we agree to cancel your order, you will be liable for any expense or cost incurred by us (which may include the cost of manufacturing and storing the items, delivery charges and a restocking fee – typically 30% of the retail price).
If you wish to replace the items you have ordered, please contact us to arrange this.
Depending on the items you wish to exchange, it may be that we can send just the replacement parts.
Generally the quickest way to replace items ordered is to order the replacement items separately and then return the unwanted items for a full refund.
In respect of goods left in trust to Fritz Fryer for purposes of restoration, these are left entirely at the client’s risk and the client shall assume indemnity for that item/items. We take every care with your items, many of which are extremely fragile antiques but please be aware, that all work undertaken by us is entirely at the risk of the client. It is extremely unusual for any insurance policy to cover wear and tear damage or damage to an antique/vintage or used item which comes to light once restoration work commences. Existing damage, such as a crack or weakness in a fitting, or an unstable connection, may not be apparent or obvious prior to work commencing, but could cause an item to be irreparably damaged once dismantled or restored. In such circumstances, by proceeding with the work, you confirm that you accept this risk and we will not be liable.
Cost and Estimates
The Estimate together with these Terms and Conditions contains the whole agreement between Fritz Fryer (the company) and YOU in respect of the provision of our repairs and servicing and supersedes and replaces any prior written or oral agreements, representations, or understandings.
Once you, the customer have accepted the Estimate, the company agrees to carry out the repairs and servicing with a reasonably appropriate level of skill and care. Once Fritz Fryer has initiated the repair or service, you, the customer, cannot withdraw your consent
All estimates for restoration work are estimates, not quotes. Unfortunately it is sometimes impossible to foresee complications that
A 15% contingency fee is added onto all restoration estimates, in case the work turns out to be more complex than anticipated. In agreeing to go ahead with the restoration, you agree to pay up to the full amount of the estimate, including the contingency fee.
The contingency fee is removed from the final invoice if the work is completed within the original estimated time and costs. If the work costs more than the 15% contingency fee, we will contact you with a revised price prior to continuing the restoration or repair.
Goods entrusted to Fritz Fryer are not insured unless by prior arrangement and the cost of such insurance shall be borne by the client.
It is a mandatory requirement that any item left with or collected by us for repair is covered by the customer’s own insurance and left with us entirely at the customer’s own risk.
Please confirm the nature of cover with your insurance company before any restoration is agreed.
Please note too that it is common for insurance policies to exclude claims for items with wear and tear damage. This is particularly important to note with fragile antique items, which can have damage that is not visible before disassembly. Such damage can become apparent or worsen, once work has commenced.
Storage & Collection
If you can’t collect your item within 1 month of restoration, we can arrange short term storage at our premises (space permitting) for a small weekly charge based upon size. Any item not collected within 1 month without prior agreement for storage will be subject to a charge of £10 per week for fittings up to 1m x 1m and £25 a week for larger items.
If an item is not collected within 3 months of the completion of restoration and no storage agreement is reached, we will contact the owner to request its removal. If the item is not then collected within 3 further months following our request (or if an item is not collected within 6 months of being left in the care of Fritz Fryer Lighting with restoration not being given a go ahead), we reserve the right to sell or dispose of the item.
Once a design is approved by you and a deposit is paid, it cannot be cancelled or refunded. Payment of deposit, estimate or quotation constitutes acceptance.
Intellectual Property Rights:
We will not copy existing designs from other companies or individuals, including from lighting manufacturers, websites or lighting designers.
If we are making bespoke items to a specification you provide, we ask that you provide us with workable, easily understood and accurate specifications. You are responsible for ensuring the specification is correct and does not infringe any third-party right (including patents, registered designs and other intellectual property rights). We will not be liable for any loss or damage that arises as a result of us following a specification you have provided.
If a third-party brings a claim against us alleging its rights have been infringed as a result of us following the specification, you will be responsible for, and shall indemnify us by paying, all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation, all interest, penalties, legal and professional costs alongside expenses) that we suffered or incur in connection with such a claim. We may amend any specification for the same reasons we might amend the items (due to laws and safety) or to avoid any actual or likely infringement of third-party rights.
We may change a specification to comply with laws or make minor technical adjustments and improvements for safety or performance purposes, for example.
We retain the Intellectual Property Rights for all bespoke designs we make on your behalf unless expressly agreed by us, in writing.
In any instance where we attend site to help with installation, please be advised that we are not electricians and a qualified electrician will be required to be available to make the electrical connections.
Prior to all installations, we require contact details of a competent person who can advise on all aspects of the installation, including health and safety measures in place, RAMS, ceiling height, access and other practical site information.
The health and safety of our team is of upmost importance. If a representative of Fritz Fryer arrives on-site and finds suitable health and safety conditions are not met, the installation or design service will not be completed, but time and mileage will be still be charged. This includes, but is not limited to, insufficient equipment for working from height, safe access to the location of the area where the product is to be installed or the service to be provided.
All conditions sent to you before installation and equipment requested must be provided for an installation or service to take place.
Safe and clear access to the working location must be provided.
We will not be responsible for providing floor protection or furniture coverings etc. This should be done before we arrive to ensure we can work safely and without causing damage.
Our maximum insured working height is 10 metres. If an installation is above this height we will need prior warning to arrange insurance.
Fritz Fryer are not liable for any costs associated with making good or redecorating following installation.
If Fritz Fryer are unable to complete the installation due to these conditions not being met, travel time and time on site will be charged.
- Seller and/or The Company and/or We means Wallis-Smith Ltd. Trading as Fritz Fryer Lighting. We are a manufacturer and restorer of light fittings and lighting products, made in the UK. Company number – 06510359 VAT Number: GB926360033.
- Buyer and/or Customer and/or You means the person who buys or agrees to buy the goods from the Seller.
- Conditions means the terms and conditions of sale as set out in this document (LINK THE DOCUMENT) and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by the Seller or displayed on this website.
- Goods means the items which the Buyer agrees to buy from the Seller as set out in the Schedule.
- Bespoke or Customised Goods means any goods which differ to our ‘standard’ products (‘standard’ being those for sale directly on www.fritzfryer.co.uk without need to contact the company at the time of placing an order). This includes, but is not limited to:
- bespoke metal finishes, that are hand finished in our workshop
- metal and flex combinations which are not selectable on the product pages of our website,
- one off, bespoke design products where you have suggested or approved a design supplied by us (payment of a desposite, estimate or quotation confirms approval of the design)
- all products that are altered to the requirements of the customer, e.g. where we make an item to fit your supplied dimensions (such as ceiling height or space), or where we adapt an item to work in your specific circumstances (such as altering the size or switching method).
- Price is the price for the Goods, excluding VAT and any carriage, packaging and insurance costs.
Business Terms and Conditions
The information contained on this page generally refers to consumers. If you are buying as a business, please refer to our full Terms and Conditions, link below. Our full Terms and Conditions take precedent if any conflict arises with the information displayed in the sub headings on this page.